Who We Are
PPI is a Seattle-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that supports development work in India. We are an all-volunteer organization with no paid staff.
PPI was founded on the concept that help to the under-privileged should go beyond conventional charity. PPI is dedicated to bringing positive socio-economic change to the underprivileged, marginalized, and exploited sectors of India.
PPI has been guided by these ideas:
• Provide funding for programs that have the potential to become self-sustaining and make people self-reliant
• Provide seed money for development projects
• Promote innovative programs that remove obstacles faced by marginalized communities
• Work directly with local organizations and volunteers and maintain regular communication with them
• Encourage new ideas that involve people’s participation in issues such as environmental awareness and forestation
PPI was started by a small group of concerned individuals coming together to do something for the less fortunate in India. PPI was incorporated as a non-profit organization in October, 1978 in the State of Washington. We started with one project and a collection of $1200 in the first year.
Tax exempt status
PPI is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization. IRS Tax Exempt ID No is 91-1057315
2021-2022 Office Bearers:
• President: Mohan Vaghul
• Vice President: Sudha Vaghul
• Treasurer: Lavaleen Kumar Jha
• Co-Secretaries: Ramachandra Balakrishnan (Balan) and Rohan Raman
Webmaster: Vijay Srirangam (internal website) and Satish Thatte (public website)
Facebook: Rohan Raman