Tarikere, Chikamagalur District, Karnataka
Contact: Mr. Varghees Cleatas
2021 Covid-19 Relief Grant: $2500
Vikasana undertook multiple activities to provide comprehensive support to the community to mitigate the severe impact of the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, in seven backward villages of Tarikere block in Chikamagalur district, Karnataka State. The beneficiaries were 400 families with a total population of 1500.
- COVID – 19 awareness program for migrant workers, disabled, and SHG members
- Display of COVID – 19 preventive measures in public places through banners, wall stickers, and distribution of pamphlets
- Distribution of mask and sanitizer for migrant workers, disabled, SHG members and their family members
- Distribution of food kits to the migrant workers, disabled, widows and SHG members
- Distribution of nutrition kits to COVID -19 survivors
Please read the relief project report for further details.