In recent years, PPI’s engagement model has evolved so that we work only with nonprofits in India (also called non-governmental organizations or NGOs) that have successfully completed projects with us in the past and have a long standing relationship with PPI. We have a thorough selection process, which ensures that we choose as partners only those NGOs with a stellar record of service. Our volunteers maintain ongoing contact with our NGO partners, and generally visit each project at some time during its funding cycle.
Our recent projects have been with these NGOs from our trusted NGO partners list:
- Aakanksha Seva Sadan (ASS), Muzaffarpur, Bihar
- Akhil Gramin Yuva Vikas Samiti (AGYVS), Muzaffarpur, Bihar
- Baikunthapur Tarun Sangha, Baikunthapur, West Bengal
- Chinthana Foundation, Ajjampura, Karnataka
- Gramin Vikas Vigyan Samiti (GRAVIS), Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- Institute for Research and Development for the Rural Poor (IRDRP), Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- M. L. Dhawale Memorial Homeopathic Institute (MLDMHI), Thane, Maharashtra
- Maharogi Sewa Samiti (MSS), Anandwan, Maharashtra
- Moyrabandh Gram Bikash Kendra (MGBK), Bankura, West Bengal
- Pragathi, Mysore, Karnataka
- Social Awareness through Human Involvement (SATHI), Sirmour, Himachal Pradesh
- Vanashthali Rural Development Center (VRDC), Pune, Maharashtra
- Vikasana, Tarikere, Karnataka
The majority of PPI donors are individuals. We also receive employee matching grants from Boeing, Microsoft, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and GE among others.
We are grateful to the estate of Barbara Levine Weinstein for a substantial donation to PPI. Barbara was a longtime supporter of PPI.
We very much appreciate the support of the following corporate sponsors for PPI’s work with the underprivileged in India.